Crepe cooking classes in Paris
Come and learn all the secrets to create wonderful crepes!
Making crepes is magic and as is often the case with magic, there is a trick... Feel like
penetrating the mystery of a guaranteed lump-free batter ? Feel like learning how to use a
professional griddle or mastering the art of folding crepes like a crepe master ?
In 3 hours you will learn how to prepare the batter (wheat flour), handle the spreader and the crepe maker (sense of humility strongly advised!), garnish (sugar, chocolate, salted butter caramel...) and fold your marvelous creations.
The lesson ends with a finger-lickin' tasting accompanied with a pitcher of traditional cider.
Before going, the participants who are already hooked on the process can go back to the griddles and make crepes to go for their friends!
Loads of laughs and great pics guaranteed!
- Location: Porte de Bagnolet, Paris, 20th arrondissement. The workshop takes place in a community center right across the metro station (line 3) or the T3 tram stop.
- Language: French
- Price: 49 euros, all included (lesson, equipment, ingredients, apron and recipe).
If you are interested, send me a message to reserve and I will send you the practical information.
- Reservations cannot be modified
- This crepe cooking class is for beginners (i.e people who have never used a professional griddle before). For soon-to-be professionals, we would advise to choose our professional training course in Paris.
- The workshop focuses on recipes for sweet crepes only. Working with buckwheat flour and a very hot griddle the way it is done in Brittany requires a pretty good mastery of the process. That's why it is the main focus of our other lesson on savory galettes.
- Not quite an expert in French yet ? No problem : the crepes cooking classes are available in English or German.
- Kids are welcome, age 8 and above.
- You are allergic to dairy or gluten ? We're sorry, this workshop is not recommended for you.
- An apron and all the ingredients will be provided.
- The (obviously magic) recipe will be sent by email.
- If you were offered an electric griddle and you don't know how to use it, you can bring it with you and use it in the session.
French public radio France Inter were with us for our crepe lesson on 22 January 2018. The broadcast can be found here
French TV channel LCI were with us for Candlemas in 2018. Discover our tricks in 3 minutes and pick up the knack of a traditional crepe chef.