My recipe for professional lump-free buckwheat French crepe batter
Try and type ''crepe recipe'' on Google and you'll get 25,500,000 results. Nice!!
And there's everything and anything: ''the best quick recipe'', ''easy and delicious crepe recipe'', ''unmissable crepe recipe'', ''crepe batter for idiots'', ''cheap and light'', ''Grandma's easy crepe batter''.
I'm going to go for simplicity and suggest the following: forget about all that and try my 100 % lump-free professional FRENCH crepe batter. Smoothness guaranteed. It has been tested time and again by my customers in Paris events, and by the participants in my crepe classes, from professional crepe chefs looking for a specialized complementary training course to well-informed amateurs. And my father loves them!
Here is my crepe batter recipe for beautiful 15,5 inches-wide sweet crepes (about 15 servings). If you are making savory pancakes, do not add sugar or rum.
10 minutes (washing up excluded)
- 1 large whisking bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 microwave-safe bowl
- 4 cups wheat flour
- 7 medium eggs
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup melted slightly-salted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 0.2 cup amber rum
- 1/ Break the eggs into the large bowl and lightly whisk them together
- 2/ Pour in the milk
- 3/ Gradually pour in the flour while whisking the mixture. Run the whisk along the sides of the bowl to avoid any flour lumps.
- 4/ Melt the butter by microwaving it for 45 seconds.
- 5/ Stir in the butter, the sugar and the rum.
- 6/ Let the batter stand for at least 2 hours.